MMUF Application & Submission Information
The 2017 application cycle is NOW OPEN. Deadline for completed applications: February 13, 2017.
Read the instructions below then click the application link to begin.
2017 MMUF Application (click here)
- Plan ahead: Read over the instructions and make sure you allow enough time to gather all the required documentation.
- Summer Programs: All MMUF applicants must attach proof that they have also applied to at least one summer research program. (We encourage you to apply to several to increase the odds of acceptance. First year Fellows are required to participate in a summer program.) If you have not already done so, visit the Summer Research Programs page. Read over the list and follow the links to learn about the different programs and their application requirements. Some applications require supporting documentation and faculty letters of reference so make sure that you allow enough time to complete this step. Once you have submitted your summer research applications, save PDFs of the confirmation pages or emails as proof to attach to your MMUF application.
- Two-step application portal: Provide your name and contact information on the first page of the application and click Continue. Be sure to provide an email address you can easily access, as the application will verify your email address by sending a link for the second step of the application.
- The second part of the MMUF application must be completed in one session. After you submit your contact information, you will receive an email link to the second part of the application. You may open this link as many times as you want, but you may only Submit the application one time. You cannot save your work in progress and return to it later. You may find it helpful to copy the application and paste it into a Word document so that you can prepare your answers offline. You can then cut and paste your responses into the application when you are ready to submit it.
- Complete ALL fields and attach required documents. (Type N/A if a field is ‘not applicable’ to you.)
- Carefully read and agree to the Program Requirements.
- Submit your application.
- Ask your recommenders to send letters to email@example.com by the application deadline.
Download a preview of the application questions here: Application Preview
If you have questions about the program, this online form or the application process, contact: